BCaBAs are required by the BACB to have:
- A bachelor’s degree in a qualifying area of study
- Coursework: 135 classroom hours of instruction in specified content areas
- Supervision requirements: 1000 hours of independent field work experience or 670 hours of practicum experience
- Upon completion of required coursework and supervised practicum or field work experience, a proctored exam must be taken and passed to complete the certification process.
- Maintaining Certification: 24 hours of BACB approved continuing education is required over a 2 year period
BCaBAs are responsible for:
- Descriptive behavioral assessments with behavior analytic interpretation of the results
- Design appropriate, ethical and effective behavioral interventions for familiar cases receiving technical direction by BCBA for unfamiliar cases
- Upon attaining competency through supervision by a BCBA, can train and supervise behavioral technicians in behavioral interventions
- Training of others to engage in effective and ethical interventions based on behavior analytic research
- Supervision of behavioral technicians/implementers
- On-going supervision by a BCBA is required
Licensed Assistant Behavior Analyst (LaBA):
BCaBAs in good standing may apply to the Missouri Behavior Analysis Advisory Board to be licensed in the state of Missouri.